Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Song Permission

Going into the editing process, I had a pretty good vision in my head of what I wanted the end product to look like. I big part of that process for me is editing around the main song that will be included throughout the movie. So I knew before I started editing that the song I will be using was Chapels by Giant Rooks. As such, I sent out an email to the management of the band, Giant Rooks asking for permission for use of their song.

After sending that email nine days before the deadline for the project, I definitely got a little lucky getting a response so fast from Alex Ruhl so I am able comfortably to edit knowing I can actually use the song I am basing my edit around. Here is the email he sent back to me:

{Edit: I am not allowed to upload images of the email due to privacy}
He sent back a short email saying that we can use the song as long as we do not make money off of it.

So basically I am free to use the song as long as I don't make any money off of the film. Works fine with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Here is my Creative Critical Reflection!! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ct0SX8KJsH3UnB40P918_kil9c3ZNjit/view?usp=sharing